Rubbish Removal Cost
At JS Removals we do things a little bit differently but we believe this means we provide Leicestershire and its nearby cities including Birmingham and the surrounding areas with efficient and cost effective rubbish removal services.
Get an Accurate Quote
To get an accurate quote, please send us some photos of the items that you want to be removed. This way, we can have a better understanding of the amount and type of rubbish that needs to be disposed of. Send us as many photos as you can, the more the merrier, as this will help us to give you an accurate price for the job and give you a Rubbish Removal Cost.
Make sure that your photos include all the waste that you want removing, so that you give us a clear picture of the rubbish, for instance, the amount as well as where it is located in your property for a Rubbish Removal Cost.
Let us know if there are any restrictions in the access to the site where the rubbish is. You can do this by photos (our preferred option) or by giving us a description of the restriction, i.e. 1st floor flat accessed by stairs or lift.
The cost of rubbish removal services can vary widely based on several factors:
- Location: Prices can differ considerably depending on the country, region, or even city you’re in. Urban areas might have higher rates than rural areas due to increased operational costs.
- Volume or Weight of Rubbish: Some companies charge based on the volume (size) of the rubbish, while others might charge based on its weight. For instance, you might be quoted a price for a full, half, or quarter load of a rubbish removal truck.
- Type of Rubbish: Certain types of waste can be more expensive to dispose of. For example, hazardous materials or items like electronics or appliances might come with additional fees.
- Accessibility: If the rubbish is hard to access, there might be additional labor or equipment charges.
- Loading Time: Some companies might factor in the amount of time it takes to load the rubbish. If the removal crew has to spend extra time sorting and loading items, it could cost more.
- Disposal Fees: Landfills and recycling centers usually charge to accept waste. These fees can be passed on to the customer.
- Additional Services: Some rubbish removal services might provide cleaning or sweeping after the rubbish is removed, often for an extra fee.
- Frequency: Regular scheduled pickups (like for businesses) might have different rates than one-off services.
- Competitive Market: The number of service providers in your area can influence prices. More competition might result in more competitive rates.
To get a specific cost for rubbish removal in your area:
- Online Research: Many companies list pricing guidelines on their websites.
- Quotes: Reach out to multiple companies for quotes. They’ll likely want details about the rubbish (type, volume, etc.) to provide an accurate estimate.
- Reviews: Check customer reviews to ensure you’re getting good value for your money.
In 2021, in the UK, for general household junk removal, you might expect to pay anywhere from £250 to £395 for a full truckload, but this is a rough estimate. It’s always best to consult local services for the most accurate and current pricing.
Why do you require photos of the rubbish?
It is much easier for us to get an accurate idea of the size, amount and location of the rubbish from a photo instead of relying on someone’s description which can sometimes be vague.
Providing us with photos of your rubbish allows us to quickly evaluate the job and to give you a quote without the delay caused in arranging for someone to come to you to assess the job in person.
We will send you a written quote via email, based on the photos you have provided. Upon acceptance of the quote we will arrange a date with you for your rubbish to be collected. We’ll keep you informed throughout the process by sending you a text the day before with a time slot for your collection and we’ll also get in touch to let you know our team are on the way to your property. This ensures that you know exactly what is going on throughout the process.
Do you require payment up front?
No, we’ll only issue you with an invoice for payment once all the rubbish has been removed and disposed of satisfactorily.
What are your rubbish removal costs?
Our rubbish removal prices start as low as £99 plus VAT for a van and includes a minimum team of two as standard.
What would your minimum charge cover?
Using a typical ton bag (1m x 1m x 1m) as a guide you could fill up to 3 of those with a maximum 200kg weight per bag. Obviously, this is a rough guide but hopefully gives you an idea.
What if I’m not going to be at the property on the removal day?
This is not a problem, as long as we can gain access to the rubbish on your property on the day, we’ll take care of everything for you and email you an invoice upon completion. We can also send you photos of the cleared up site if you are not local so that you can be assured that the job is complete.
How to cut the cost of rubbish removal?
When you are considering how to get rid of unwanted rubbish it is important to consider the cost and efficiency of the process. If you can, try to think about ways you can reduce the amount of rubbish that you have in order to promote a clean and sustainable environment. One way to do this is by recycling or reusing any items that you can to reduce the amount that you require disposing. Another is to see if there is anything that could be sold on rather than simply dumped. These days it is very easy to sell unwanted items online. Overall, taking proactive steps towards proper rubbish disposal can benefit both our local communities and the planet as a whole.
What affects the cost of removing rubbish?
The cost of removing rubbish depends on a number of things:
- The size and weight of the rubbish
- how many items need to be removed
- Another thing that can affect the price is “how easy is it to move?” – Do any items need to be dismantled or not, is it easy to move the items from your property to our van. Overall, it is best to have an expert assess the situation to determine the cost and ease of removal
- The number of people required for the task should also be taken into consideration when determining the cost of rubbish removal. Our minimum rubbish removal service is two people but for large jobs we will increase the team members and number of vans to ensure efficiency
- Additionally, the distance that the rubbish needs to be transported to a disposal site may also affect the cost. To keep the costs down it is sensible to use companies that are local to you.
This will impact your rubbish removal cost.
What items could add to the cost of rubbish removal?
There are one or two household items that can affect the cost of their removal and safe disposal, so it is worthwhile knowing these in advance.
Fridges and freezers –these have hazardous gases in them and need to be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner which incurs an additional cost to us that we have to pass onto the customer. This Rubbish Removal Cost is currently £50 plus VAT additionally per item.
Any rubbish that contains asbestos would also affect the cost. Please see our asbestos removal section for more information if you suspect your rubbish contains this hazardous substance.
What items are not permitted?
When it comes to rubbish it is safe to say we take most things, however we cannot take gas bottles. These remain the property of the supplier and when you have used the gas inside you should return it to the supplier.
Do you dispose of single items such as a mattress, sofa or white goods?
Yes, we can dispose of single items but it is not our preferred method as it is often not very cost effective for the customer and not a good use of resources for us.
How to choose a reputable rubbish removal company?
Getting a recommendation from friends and family in your area is a useful way of making sure that you use a reputable company.
It is also a good idea to check out the customer reviews of a company you are considering using as these are usually a good indication of how they have performed previously.
Finally make sure that they have the relevant licenses and insurance in place so that you know that all the legalities are in place.
Here at JS Removals we are proud of our many 5 ***** customer reviews, and we make sure all our licenses and insurance is up to date and sufficient to cover both ourselves and you.
How to find cheap rubbish removal in the East Midlands?
If you are looking for a cheap and easy way to get rid of your rubbish? Look no further than JS Removals! We are a leading rubbish removal company covering the East Midlands area, and we pride ourselves on providing our customers with the best possible service. We offer a wide range of services, including rubbish removals throughout Leicestershire and the nearby counties. No matter what your needs are, we are sure that we can help you out. Contact us today to learn more about our services and Rubbish Removal Cost!